- Gate width is adjustable 27" to 42 ½" (Up to 64" with Extensions)
- Height 29 ½"
- Bar Spacing 2 ½"
- 10 ½ extension (Model BX1) is available for openings 42 ¼" to 53"
- 21 ¾ extension (Model BX2) is available for openings 42 ½" to 64"
- Latch system baffles toddlers yet allows one-hand operation for adults
- Stop bracket prevents opening over a stairway for safety
- Will mount at angles up to 30 degrees allowing location of a stud when mounting on drywall
- All Aluminum construction, lighter weight than steel, rustproof
- Available in White and Black
- Mounting supplies included
- Stairway safe
View Installation PDF
This award winning baby safety gate is our best selling safety gate.Stairs baby gate is light weight aluminum construction with a powder coat finish to resist rust.The Adjustable Stairway Baby Gate is specifically designed to be installed as a stairs baby gate for the top of stairs and swings open, away from the stairway. Most child safety gates swing in both directions. At the top of stairs, this can be a very serious hazard. The operator is forced to back up on the stairs, possibly while carrying a child. This gate is designed to prevent that with a bracket which stops the gate from opening over the stairway. This gate can be mounted to ONLY open in one direction - away from danger. The safety gate door latch is easily operated with one hand while baffling the cleverest of toddlers. This stairway child gate can be mounted on an angle of up to 30 degrees and extensions are available to make this an extra wide safety gate, up to 64", to accommodate most any wide stairway. This baby gate will mount to swing in any direction you need, then the stop bracket is installed to prevent the safety gate from swinging over the open stairway. Most child gates are not designed to be used at the top of stairs, so be sure to get the child safety gate you need for your situation. The Stairway Special includes brackets and hardware to securely fasten this child safety gate to the wall or railing post. Additional clamps and brackets are available if you don't want to drill holes into your railing posts and for a other special mounting situations as well. Keep your stairs secure with this stair baby gate.
If you're looking for a child safety gate you can use outdoors as well as indoors, we carry a gate specifically for outdoor use please check this out:
For additional Accessories and Extensions, in excess of the quantities available below
Click here: GATE PARTS AND ACCESSORIES
This stair gate is JPMA certified & adhere's to guidelines as set forth by the JPMA & the Consumer Products Safety Commission as do all our baby safety gates.